2005-10-10

hello.c

Jesus Christ! I've been too far removed from doing any programming or scripting for far too long. I never thought that doing


#include <stdio.h>
main();
{
printf("Hello World!\n");
return 0;
}

could give me a hard time (did this on my slackware laptop, of course). Actually, doing it last night took me all of 30 minutes, trying to remember how the damn thing went. And typing it here? I'm not sure if I did it right either. (So please feel free to flame, because I deserve it.)

This does prove to me, however, that I need to get my act in order. And fast.

Although, I think I'll just skim C/C++ at the onset of my reviewing, and check out python first. Maybe ruby as well. Those two sure as hell piqued my interest.

Any suggestions on what I can work on during my relearning???

No comments: