2005-08-17

I Want, I Want, I Want...

a lot of things. Aside from the laptop and the desktop (as you can see on the sidebar), now I'm thinking of getting a host to serve up this blog (not that blogger.com doesn't do it well, it's just that I'm a do-it-yourselfer kind of guy).

powweb.com looks kinda okay. $7.something per month, for 5 gigs of space and 300 gigs of transfer (although it's kinda fishy). But if they've been around since '99, they must be doing something right. Time to ask some contacts.

Anyway, time to start saving up for my hardware... one desktop (AMD64!!!) and one laptop!

Now the costing for one desktop + one laptop = OUCH!

Oh well, one thing at a time. Which should I do first? Targeted budget for December of this year is about $1,000 (roughly PHP 50,000). That should do for one. But what about the other?

Tough decisions. Specially since these are probably the last toys I buy myself. After this, everything I earn gets put aside for my son (of course! Who else?)

Luckily though, the sempron 64 just got released, and its retailing for less than $100 a pop here. Looks like I can actually afford it, and an LCD monitor. =D Goody, goody.

Well, the hardware has to come first, then I'll need broadband (who doesn't really? Specially in this day and age). After that, I get some hosting, and finally start talking about what I'm constantly thinking about. No, it's not sex. It's linux (but the former isn't really ever far from my mind... *evil grin* (Hey, I'm a hot blooded male. I don't think there's anything wrong with my admission to a weakness for the fair sex...)

No comments: